Author Topic: just started green smoothies, today I feel awful!!  (Read 4984 times)

Offline Josie

• seed
  • Kudos: 0
just started green smoothies, today I feel awful!!
« on: January 22, 2011, 09:10:40 AM »

got a vitamix and decided to go cold turkey onto green smoothies, gave up meat, coffee, wine, bread etc. This is my sixth day and I suddenly feel awful. So tired, cold and generally miserable. I know this is to be expected but generally how long will these symtoms last and is there anything I can do to alleviate them?

Offline green smoothie junkie

• sprout
  • Kudos: 3
Re: just started green smoothies, today I feel awful!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:19:23 PM »
Wow - how awesome for you to want to make such a change! Cold turkey with so many things is a huge challenge.

The detox period varies from person to person. With changing so much at one time, be sure that you are eating enough of the good stuff to keep up your energy - drink plenty of water. Stick with it, the results will be worth it!

Offline John

• Administrator
  • seedling
  • Kudos: 3
    • Got Greens? Revolution
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:49:27 PM »
Josie, that is indeed an amazing challenge!

How about an update? How is your journey going?

I hope by now you have gotten through the worst of your detox. The best advice is to make sure you are getting enough fuel and nutrition as well as lots of clean water and good rest to help reduce detox symptoms.

All the best!
~
There are many paths up the mountain but the view is the same from the top.

Your Choice: the Vitamix 5200 - OR- the Blendtec Total Blender  for optimum health

Offline dreamer

• sprout
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 11:23:11 AM »
wow - cold turkey! How did you do it???