Raw Green Chat > Your Blender

Vita-Mix or Blendtec?

<< < (2/8) > >>

apple25:

--- Quote from: John on August 17, 2009, 10:42:21 PM ---I wasn't aware that you could get a 7 year warranty for a Blendtec - do you have to pay extra for that?
--- End quote ---

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, John.  No, you don't have to pay extra.  They offer this 7 year warranty when/if you purchase the Blendtec at a food demonstration held at either Sam's Club or Costco.   The Blendtec people have a contract with these stores and offer this benefit as an incentive.  It puzzles me as to why Blendtec goes this route as I would have purchased it already, but that extra warranty is important to me.  

nmetkarujitgotgreen:
Hello,
I'm new here. I want to buy either Vitamix 5200 or Blendtec total blender but am indecisive. For those whom use both please share information with me which one is better for making soup? My main use will be for soup and smoothies.

My criteria is:
- Warranty
- Space limit
- I like technology  but want blender with less noise.
- Will make a lot of soup.

There will be a live demo for both blenders in my area soon. So I want to buy one at the live demo.

PLEASE HELP!

John:

--- Quote from: nmetkarujitgotgreen on September 09, 2009, 12:38:19 PM ---
Hello,
I'm new here. I want to buy either Vitamix 5200 or Blendtec total blender but am indecisive. For those whom use both please share information with me which one is better for making soup? My main use will be for soup and smoothies.

My criteria is:
- Warranty
- Space limit
- I like technology  but want blender with less noise.
- Will make a lot of soup.

There will be a live demo for both blenders in my area soon. So I want to buy one at the live demo.

PLEASE HELP!

--- End quote ---

Welcome!

Looks like you are stuck in the middle.

Warranty:
- Vita-mix 5200 has the 7 yr (the above post was the first I've heard of a 7 yr Blendtec warranty)

Space Limit:
- Blendtec is smaller and is shorter by about 5 inches

Technology:
- I don't think there is any real difference but the Blendtec does have programmed cycles and digital readout

Noise:
- Vita-Mix is not as loud

Soup:
- both do soup well

I hope this helps.

nmetkarujitgotgreen:
Thank you for your comment, John,

If both blenders perform very well and I could get a Blendtec with less money and the same 7 years warranty at Costco, would it be better to get the Blendtec?. I need a machine that makes soup quickly but doesn't have to be super smooth. My concerns about the Vita-mix are the 20" height and difficulty to clean.

John:

--- Quote from: nmetkarujitgotgreen on September 14, 2009, 09:07:28 AM ---Thank you for your comment, John,

If both blenders perform very well and I could get a Blendtec with less money and the same 7 years warranty at Costco, would it be better to get the Blendtec?. I need a machine that makes soup quickly but doesn't have to be super smooth. My concerns about the Vita-mix are the 20" height and difficulty to clean.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't consider the cleaning a big issue.

Size does matter. If you are space restricted you can't shrink the Vita-mix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version