Cha cha cha chia…
You know it from the 80’s and 90’s
But it was just a pet plant back then. The word Chia comes from the Mayan language meaning ‘strength’. Ancient warriors were known to carry Chia seeds on long journeys as chia was celebrated for its ability to increase stamina and provide energy over long periods of time.
Now with the advent of the revolution, Chia has become a heavily sought after super food source by those in the know – but what makes it so super?
Packed Full of Nutrition
Chia Seeds (Salvia hispanica L.) are arguably the most nutritious single whole food in the world!
Here is what you find inside every raw chis seed:
- Omega 3 (the largest usable source of any raw food)
- Complete Protein (all the essential amino acids and then some)
- Calcium (~180mg of usable Calcium in every ounce)
- Antioxidants (“highest activity of any whole food”)
- and more
Incredible Health Benefits
Very few, if any, other foods can make the claims that Chia Seeds can.
Eating Chia Seeds regularly can provide you with great benefits.
- Stabalize blood sugar
- Improve Cardiovascular Health
- Improve brain function
- Improve body hydration
- Maintain electrolyte balance
- Improve digestive system
- Assist in lowering bad cholesterol
- Is gluten Free
- Is mild flavored to tasteless